May is Older Americans Month
Every May, the Administration for Community Living leads our nation’s observance of Older Americans Month. This year the 2019 theme is Connect, Create, Contribute so we are encouraging older adults in New Jersey to:
- Connect with friends, family, and services that support participation. This will help you stay active in your community.
- Create by engaging in activities that promote learning, health, and personal enrichment. Take a class at a local college. Attend an educational seminar in your area.
- Contribute time, talent, and life experience to benefit others. Volunteer in your community!
In honor of Older Americans Month, we invite you to Connect, Create, Contribute to Caring Connections of New Jersey! We are looking for 55+ bloggers who would like to share their life experience and human-interest stories to raise the spirits and benefit other Older Americans. Not a blogger? No problem! Share the positive moments and experiences of being an Older American. Have you recently:
- Become a grandparent?
- Found a volunteer position?
- Took up a new hobby?
- Started a new job?
- Have a story or photo to share?
Send all submissions to email@example.com with “Older Americans Month Submission” in the subject line. We look forward to hearing what inspires your happiness as an Older American! Your inspiration will inspire others. <3