Certified Dementia Practitioner Course
Longtree & Associates, LLC proudly presents
The NCCDP Certified Dementia Practitioner (CDP) training course
Approved for 7.0 NAB and Nursing CEU!
Join Us for this great career advancement opportunity!
Date: June 19, 2019
Class is from 9:30AM to 5PM
Location: Monroe Community Center
120 Monmouth Road
Monroe Township, NJ 08831
Resource Manuals, Best Practices and Pertinent NJDHSS updates on dementia care are included.
Attendees who successfully complete the course, will qualify for 7 NAB and/or Board of Nursing continuing education units. NAB Approval Code: 20200220-7-A55417-IN
Please note that lunch is graciously being provided, courtesy of Caring Connections.About the Course:This 7-hour course will give you the edge in successfully providing dementia care in a variety of setting: as an assisted living community, skilled nursing home, adult day service, home health agencies or hospices..Plus:
This is the required course for those seeking certification as a Certified Dementia Practitioner by the National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners (NCCDP).COURSE OUTLINE:
- Introduction to Alzheimers/ dementia:
- Key Aspects of the Disease:
- Communication and Feelings
- Depression and Repetitive Behaviors
- Paranoia, Hallucinations, Wandering, & Hoarding
- Aggressive Behaviors and Catastrophic Reactions
- Intimacy and Sexuality
- Key Aspects of Care:
- Personal Care
- Caregiver Support:
- Staff and Family Support
- Diversity and Cultural Competence
- Spiritual Care and End of Life Issues
- Great Networking!
- Fun and interactive sessions
- Free Longtree e-Newsletter with up-to-date information about the latest happenings in the Long-Term Care field.Below is the case-sensitive coupon code to be shared with the Caring Connections group who should receive a $140 discount off this CDP course: (THIS COUPON CODE IS FOR PAID MEMBERS ONLY. IF YOU ARE NOT A MEMBER, YOU CAN STILL SIGN UP AT REGULAR PRICE.)CareConnect140offThe coupon code should be entered during the checkout process.